- After you have applied for your program on the UL Study Abroad Moodle page, you must make a deposit of $500 via ULINK. Instructions for doing so are included below, as well as in a PowerPoint with detailed instructions that is also available on the Moodle page.
o Be advised that your place in the program will not be reserved until we receive a copy of your paid $500 deposit receipt via email at email@example.com. You are also free to bring a physical copy to our office in the Student Union, Room 136.
o If your application is submitted and your $500 deposit is paid after December 15, 2017, you will be responsible for a $100 late fee that must be included in your payments to Study Abroad.
o After submitting the application and $500 deposit, you will receive a phone call from the Study Abroad Office confirming the details of your application and deposit.
- Following the initial $500 deposit, you will make subsequent payments based on the cost of your program via the same deposit module on ULINK.
o Costa Rica: Subsequent payments in the amount of ½ of your remaining balance will be due February 25th and March 1st. The entire balance is due on March 1st.
o England, France, and Italy: Subsequent payments in the amount of ⅓ of your remaining balance will be due February 25th, March 25th, and April 25th. The entire balance is due by April 25th.
- The Study Abroad Office will work with students on the payment of program costs if you are awaiting spring or summer loans.
o Students waiting on spring or summer loans to pay program costs must be aware that eligibility verification will be required from the UL Financial Aid Office. Be sure to complete all paperwork and requirements according to their deadlines to ensure verification.
o If you apply for a spring loan, you should be able to use the loan for spending money. However, if you apply for a summer loan, it is HIGHLY unlikely that you will be able to use the loan for spending money due to summer loan time frames.
- Any outstanding debt from charges and/or damages will result in a hold being placed on your student account and/or disciplinary action from the Dean of Students Office.
- In the event of an unexpected change in currency exchange rates, and prior to May 1st, an exchange rate surcharge may be necessary.
Making Study Abroad Payments
- When viewing your Statement of Account on ULINK, you will see a deposit tab. This is where you will pay all of your Study Abroad deposits, including your initial $500 deposit and subsequent payments.
- You have the option of paying via credit card or electronic check.
o If you choose to pay with a credit card, you will be responsible for paying the 2.75% convenience fee. Be mindful of this amount before pressing submit. Once your payment is submitted, no refund will be granted for this fee.
o If you choose to pay with an electronic check, you will simply need your account number and routing number for your checking account. There is no fee associated with this form of payment. However, if your electronic check is NSF, you must go to the Student Cashier Center to rectify it and you will be responsible for any additional charges.
For detailed instructions, please view the Payment PowerPoint. This PowerPoint is also accessible on our Moodle page.
This special program does not operate under the standard UL Lafayette refund policy.
The initial deposit of $500 will not be refunded if a student withdraws after January 15th.
Withdrawal/ineligibility penalty costs are:
- 14 weeks prior to departure-minimum loss of 25% of program cost
- 12 weeks prior to departure-minimum loss of 50% of program cost
- 8 weeks prior to departure-minimum loss of 75% of program cost
- 6 weeks prior to departure- loss of 100% of program cost
- No refunds for Costa Rica after March 1st.