- Speak with the Department Heads (DHs) and/or Program Directors (PDs) of the courses you wish to propose. You must consult with the Department Heads for all courses and all cross-listings you propose. This includes Humanities and Honors.
- Complete and submit the online application at Faculty Application
- Once the Study Abroad Office receives the faculty application, it will be forwarded to the necessary DH(s) and/or PD(s) for approval. The email will include a pdf attachment of the faculty application.
- Only DH(s)/PD(s) have the authority to approve faculty courses. It is the responsibility of the proposing faculty member to follow-up with the DH(s)/PD(s) so that the approval is granted and submitted prior to the stated deadline.
- The Study Abroad Office will provide weekly updates to the faculty for the courses that have been approved. This means that if a faculty member has not received the approval(s), there is a need to follow-up with the DH(s)/PD(s).
- All submissions WITH THE APPROVALS must be received electronically no later than 4 pm, March 10, 2020.
- The Study Abroad Committee will review all proposals that have been approved by departments and/or programs and faculty will be notified by the conclusion of the spring semester.
A Faculty Informational Meeting has been scheduled during International Education Week, for Tuesday, November 19, 2019 from 3 to 5 pm in Moody Room 125. This is wonderful opportunity to inquire about teaching abroad. However, it is extremely important that you begin the above process as soon as possible.
Faculty should submit their proposals as soon as possible in order to obtain Department Head approvals prior to the March 10, 2020, 4pm deadline.
Study Abroad Office
Pat Mouillé, 2-5438, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Graley, 2-5456, email@example.com
Julia Frederick, 2-6700, firstname.lastname@example.org