Mission: To foster and educate students of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette on the advantages of broadening their education through studying abroad.
Purpose: The UL Lafayette Study Abroad Ambassador Program is a voluntary program in which past participants of UL Lafayette Study Abroad Programs promote and share their unique, real-life experiences gained from studying abroad. Ambassadors are motivated and passionate about the program and students may take advantage of Ambassadors’ stories to begin creating their own Study Abroad experience.
1. Attend a mandatory Ambassador Training session at the beginning of each semester (approximately 2 hours). It will be led by a Study Abroad Coordinator or other qualified Study Abroad program representative. You will meet the different site directors one-on-one to understand each program and the exciting possibilities each has to offer. You will learn about study abroad scholarship opportunities to be able to relay this information to students.
2. Attend Get on Board Day each Fall to promote Study Abroad (approximately 3 hours).
3. Attend Study Abroad Fairs to assist in recruiting (6 hour commitment between fairs).
4. Participate in at least 1 Study Abroad Panel annually (approximately 2 hours).
5. Give presentations to various classes throughout each semester (minimum of 5 presentations per semester, approximately 20 minutes each). Any Ambassador presenting to classes and/or organizations on campus must have previously attended at least 2 presentations given by a Study Abroad Coordinator.
6. Attend Pre-Departure meetings for respective study abroad program which you have attended to offer advice and answer questions students may have (approximately 4 hours).
- Looks great on resumes
- International and leadership experience
- Public Speaking experience
- Opportunity to share your experiences and excitement about study abroad with others